Thursday, September 2, 2010

Penny



Such a Sad night. She was the most loving cat. We adopted her as a kitten 8 years ago. She was found alone in the woods. When I met her and held her tiny fuzzy body in my arms she Purred and Purred I couldn't resist taking her home. She was tiny but right from the get go she made sure to let everyone know SHE was in charge. I am so glad that I snapped these photos a few weeks ago. I had no idea how she must have been suffering. I wish I could have a photo of the way she would hold onto my arm every night, giving me a HUG, looking up at me and squinting her eyes.
She seemed sad on the afternoon she passed. I thought it was something minor. I planned to take her in to see the Vet for some bloodwork and maybe an xray in the morning. She let out a cry or two at 2am as she was sleeping next to me. Normally she would Purrrr like a Lion, but she had a feeble purr and then she was gone. It was so quick and I am still in shock. I feel better knowing she was not alone. So many people sent me messages about what a great little life she had with us. I can't Thank Everyone enough for all of the kind words and concern. Rest in Peace Purrnelope you will be missed.

No comments: