Monday, June 23, 2008

Magic moments


Today is the start of something very exciting. For a long time now, people have been telling me how much they love my photos. After the birth of my first daughter, my love for photography just exploded. It was something that I dabbled with in my early twenties, but never really got into. I took a class in college and the teacher advised me to pursue this. I can remember her saying that to me like it was yesterday, but I just thought she was crazy!! It's funny how little things can change your life. About a year ago my father sent me an email about a digital SLR camera. The email was entitled "how about trying an upgrade?". I briefly looked at the camera but thought I don't have hundreds of $$$ to spend on a camera -of all things!! After much consideration ,one income tax check, and a loving husband who encouraged me to spend the dough, I bought my beloved Nikon!!! It sounds crazy but having this camera has changed my life. I have been able to capture so many "magic moments" that I will be able to cherish forever. For the past year I have been practicing and working on my skills. And now I am beginning to branch out and take photos for all the people who have been asking me!! It is so exciting to be doing this!!! I have 2 Guinea pigs lined up this week for my first photo shoot outside of my immediate family.....wish me luck!!! Stay tuned!!

No comments: